Colombian Potato Salad
– 2 lbs red potato, cooked, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes when cooled, about 6 cups total
– 3 large carrot, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and steamed until crisp-tender, cooled
– 1/2 cup chopped red onion
– 1/4-1/2 cup chopped cilantro, depending on taste
– 3 large tomato, cut into 1 inch chunks
For the Dressing: 1/3 cup wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon seasoning salt to taste, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– Combine potato cubes, carrot pieces, chopped onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
– In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad ingredients.
– Gently combine tomato chunks with the rest of the salad.
– Chill and allow flavors to blend.